We Represent Misclassified Workers
Just because your employer says you exempt and pays you a salary, or calls you an independent contractor, does not necessarily mean you are exempt from overtime under the law. Only those workers who have the proper discretion at work may be properly classified as exempt.
Many “managers” or “independent contractors” lack the appropriate discretion at work to be exempt from hourly pay and overtime. Workers without the necessary amount of discretion at work cannot be classified as exempt and must be paid hourly with overtime like a regular employee. Employer save a significant amount in wages and overtime by misclassifying workers who should be paid hourly and this contributes greatly to decisions to classify workers as salaried manager or independent contractor.
If you have been classified by your employer as exempt or as an independent contractor, but your actual work duties are those of a regular hourly employee, you may be misclassified. Our firm represents these misclassified workers to obtain all wages and overtime owed.
We Represent Commission Salespeople
If you work in commission sales you have rights also. Many commission sales jobs have unfair or unclear commission agreements which violate recent California court decisions. Other commission salespeople have their earned commissions stolen or not paid in full by their employer. California law protects commission salespeople in a number of ways. If you feel you are working under an unfair commission plan, or you are not being paid all commissions you have earned we may be able to help.
Know Your Labor and Employment Rights
California has many employee protections such as the duty of the employer to provide meal and rest breaks, suitable seating at work, expense reimbursement, accurate wage statements, on-time payments of wages and overtime, and prohibition of workplace harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Our firm is experienced and effective and vindicating these rights for our clients. If you have encountered any of the above labor or employment violations we may be able to help.
Know Your California Consumer Rights
Californian has strong consumer protection laws, especially when it comes to false advertising, misleading labeling and unfair lending practices. Our represents consumers who have been Californians who have purchased products based on false or misleading advertising or labeling. Our firm files false advertising, illegal lending practices and fraud class actions against companies who engage such conduct.
You may also learn of recent consumer alerts and other related news and which may affect you, or report or comment on certain products or services at our Instagram account @californiaconsumerhotline.
We Represent Clients Who Have Suffered Damages From Opioid Addiction
Opioid abuse and addition is one of the great health issues in America today. Californians have suffered from this scourge. Many people who are prescribed these drugs are not done so properly or responsibly by their medical practitioner. Others have unfortunately become addicted to these drugs as the result of the “dumping” of opioids by drug companies into our communities. If you or a loved one has been harmed by the opioid crisis contact us to learn about your rights.
Our Law Firm
Established in 2005, Hamner Law Offices, APLC is a California worker and consumer rights litigation law firm. We bring cases in state and federal court throughout California.
We represent California workers in the following types of matters:
- IT professionals who have been incorrectly misclassified as exempt from overtime
- Healthcare workers who have been incorrectly misclassified as exempt from overtime
- Independent contractors who are misclassified and owed wages, overtime and expenses (such as mileage reimbursement)
- Misclassified salaried managers and other salaried workers who are owed overtime pay and other hourly employee benefits
- Commission salespeople who are on an unfair or illegal commission pay plan
- Employees who are owed money for unpaid wages, unpaid overtime, unpaid off the clock work, missed meal and rest breaks, unpaid expense reimbursement, late or short payment of wages, unpaid on-call wages, inaccurate wage statements, and unpaid PTO or vacation pay
- Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation claims
- Failure to Accommodate and Disability Discrimination claims
- Whistleblower cases
- Wrongful Termination and Constructive Termination
- Severance and Release Agreements
- Private Attorney General (PAGA) penalty claims
We take all labor and employment cases on a full contingency. We only get paid if we win or settle.
Our office is located in Calabasas, California.
You may contact us for a free and confidential evaluation of your case at: email@example.com